Fresh mushrooms stuffed with seafood, smothered in cheese and baked golden brown.
1 lb fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup celery , finely chopped
2 tablespoons onions , finely chopped
2 tablespoons red bell peppers , finely chopped
1/2 lb crabmeat
2 cups oyster crackers , crushed
1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper , ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400deg F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps aside, and chop half of the stems.
- Saute chopped mushroom stems,celery, onion and pepper in butter for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cool in refrigerator.
- Combine sauteed vegetables and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in a sprayed or buttered baking pan stem side up.
- Spoon 1 tsp stuffing into each mushroom cap.
- Cover with a piece of sliced cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly brown.